Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wrong species...


Oops.
I fished several of the best runs on the river on Friday afternoon under cloudy skies. Nada. I managed to snag a salmon just getting line out to make a cast and lose a pretty fly, so I put on a black Dave's bad hair day with blue flashabou. While micro-stripping it through good holding water for browns I managed this walleye and a smallmouth on the next cast. $2,000.00 worth of spey equipment, and I am swinging flies for Walleye?
Hmmmm.
Well, at least the fish could see my fly, which is amazing given the amount of silt coming from above the dam.
Most of the salmon are finally dying, which doesn't seem to detract from the numbers of goons with flyrods trying to catch them. Rain would certainly help at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments by interested readers are welcome. Back links to non-topical (spam) websites will be treated as spam and deleted.